ASK Certified Training: a 1 hour and 15 minute training including a 10 question quiz at the completion of the video series. This program is suited for persons who need to meet employer requirements for suicide prevention gatekeeper training.
ASK Certified Training
Welcome to ASK About Suicide To Save A Life Training Certification
This online training is intended to meet Texas K-12 public school suicide prevention training requirements and other suicide prevention training needs. It is a best practice based training listed in the BPR Section III Adherence to Standards.
ASK About Suicide To Save A Life provides participants with an overview of the basic epidemiology of suicide and suicidal behavior, including risk and protective factors. Through this five-part video series, participants are trained to recognize warning signs—behaviors and characteristics that might indicate elevated risk for suicidal behavior—and how to intervene with a person they think might be at risk for suicide.
About the ASK Training
This is a five-part video series that takes approximately one hour to complete. Each video is 10-15 minutes in length. As you complete each video, simply click the “next” button at the bottom of the screen and it will automatically direct you to the next video in the series. After you have finished viewing the five part series, there is a short 10-question quiz. You will need a passing score to confirm your status as completing the video series. Please watch these videos carefully, if you do not receive a passing score of 80%, the video series will have be repeated to attempt the quiz a second time. You may log out and resume your training at a later date.
- Before beginning the training, be sure to download the accompanying PowerPoint and handouts. These notes will be very helpful in navigating the quiz at the end of the video series.
- To begin the video training, click the Take the Training button below. You must create an account to initiate the training videos. You may log out at any time during the video series but you cannot log out once you have started the quiz and return to it (if you do so, the full video series will need to be replayed).
- To log out, simply click on your email address in the upper right corner the window or close your browser window.
- When you are ready to resume, return to this page, and log back into your account.
- After you have passed the quiz, simply go to your “Account” and click. It will show the status of your training. Simply take a screen shot and save for submission for your organization’s record keeping processes. Here is an example:
Special Instructions for Education Staff:
UPDATE: If you are taking ASK training to meet your school’s training requirements, you will no longer be asked to provide your campus TEA number at this time.