Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative
Vision and Mission Statement 09/16/22
Strengthening suicide prevention so Texans find the help and hope they need, and the healing and recovery they seek for a brighter tomorrow.
We exist to support Texas communities in their efforts to build the suicide prevention capacity. We do this by supporting use of evidence-based, best practices that promote the public health approach to suicide prevention. By connecting Texas communities through local coalitions and other stakeholder groups, we can build and use vital resources more effectively and in a coordinated way across our state.
To accomplish this, we:
- Provide technical assistance to local coalitions, statewide partners, Military/Veteran partners, higher education institutions and others across Texas;
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain evidence of effectiveness and promising practice suicide prevention training and outreach programs;
- Serve as the social impact and administrative backbone organization of the Texas Suicide Prevention Council – a network of over 140 organizations established in 2001 who work together on this common cause;
- Host the nationally recognized Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium and other competency building opportunities;
- Steward the Texas State Plan for Suicide Prevention, the recognized public-private roadmap for Texas suicide prevention, and:
- Drive continuous improvement and data-based decision-making everywhere we can to inform decision-making across the public and private sectors.
Adopted by the Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative Board of Directors on September 16, 2022