Have you or someone you know had thoughts like these?
- Nobody cares what happens to me.
- I would be better off dead.
- Nobody would miss me if I’m gone.
- I just can’t take it any more?
Help is Here!
There is help for you and the ones you love. Don’t wait or hesitate to reach out to those who can help bring healing and support. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room for immediate assistance.
Find your local community center for support or to volunteer. The 39 Community Centers of Texas manage and provide community-based services across all 254 Texas counties, touching the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, serious mental illness and substance use disorders.
Contact any of these numbers to talk with someone who can help
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio 1-888-628-9454
- Click here for Crisis Text Line Text “HOME” to 741741
- Click here for The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386, text “TREVOR” to 1-202-3041200, or chat
- Click here for Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 Press 1, text to 838255 or chat
Hope is Real
Whatever you are feeling does not have to be the end.
This is Lynzee. Her concern and love for her friend helped her push past her fear of what would happen to tell someone she was concerned. After seeing that her friend was hurting herself regularly, she told a teacher and her friend got the help she needed.
See more stories of help and hope.