Thank you to our sponsors!
Welcome to #TxSP23 – Coming Together to Care
We look forward to you joining us virtually or in person this year!
ALL SPEAKERS WILL BE PRESENTING IN PERSON!
Network with your colleagues, exhibitors, and this group of experts in New Braunfels.
Also available virtually
The Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium: Coming Together to Care #TxSP23 will be hosted in person for the first time since 2016!Come and join your partners at this important event. Thanks to our sponsors, we will be providing lunch and CEUs! Come see the Wellness Room or join us in the courtyard for a game of cornhole or Jenga. The Convention Center is within walking distance of downtown New Braunfels. This Symposium is a great opportunity to expand your personal suicide prevention network.
Can’t join us in person? No problem! The Symposium will also be live-streaming through the Whova app, just like last year! CEUs are available at no charge for select professions, including Nurse Contact Hours. Brush up your suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention skills in June!
#TxSP23 offers three amazing days of content chosen especially for you by the Texas Suicide Prevention Council.
- June 13: Schools, Youth, and Higher Education presented by the South Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center
- June 14: General Session presented by Texas Health and Human Services
- June 15: Service Members, Veterans, and their Families presented by Endeavors
- Please do not register for in-person and virtual sessions on the same day.You should not have more than four tickets if attending in person or three if attending virtually. Such registration is not permitted, and your entire registration is subject to cancellation if we cannot contact you.
- In-person space is capacity limited. Please do not register to attend in person unless you are sure you can do so. If you register for in-person attendance and need to change to virtual, you can do so at any time—but please do so by June 5 so we can offer your in-person seat to someone from the waitlist. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DO NOT use a “masking” email to register. You will likely not have access to your Whova account. Use an email that you check regularly where you can receive additional information about the Symposium and its follow-on Learning Intensive Series. We highly recommend using your work email address rather than a Gmail, Yahoo, etc. account.
- Please fill out your registration in its entirety. The intention of the Symposium is to facilitate collaboration across our state. When you register, please be sure to include your job title and organization. Alternatively, include a short bio so attendees can get to know you. Please help us provide a meaningful and safe learning experience. For the safety of our attendees, your registration is subject to cancellation if you do not provide this information.
- The following Terms and Conditions must be agreed to, and your acceptance is required to proceed with your registration.
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the Symposium, you indicate you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Content Advisory: The contents of this Symposium and follow on events involve prolonged and comprehensive discussion of suicide, mental health, lived experience, lethal means, and other subjects that can be difficult. This is especially true for those with previous trauma exposure, a mental health condition or lived experience. Please proceed carefully and ask your supervisor for guidance if you have questions about content suitability for you. The Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative its agents, employees, contractors, volunteers and event sponsor organizations assume no liability for adverse outcomes, including injury, lost property associated with your attendance at the Symposium or the Symposium Learning Intensive Series sessions. If you have any concerns about your attendance, please contact your supervisor or mental health provider. As always, if you or someone you know may be experiencing distress, please contact the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline your mental health provider, or 911 in an emergency situation.
- Presented for Information Purposes Only: The Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium – #TxSP23 is presented for information purposes only and does not provide clinical advice, diagnosis or treatment protocols for you and should not be used to formulate treatment plans for yourself or others. Please consult a mental health professional for guidance. The Whova and Zoom platforms are not HIPAA compliant – please do not share personally identifiable information (PII) on this platform.
- Content is the Responsibility of the Presenter: Presentations, content, tools and resources provided in conjunction with the Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium 2023, its follow-on activities and other content are the sole responsibility of its author(s) and does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or endorsement of any local, state or federal agency or the Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative, its employees, contractors volunteers or Board of Directors or event sponsors. The Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative makes no warranty of the effectiveness of the information contained in any of the materials, presentations, discussion or other media to its content’s ability to reduce or prevent a suicide death or attempt.
- Recording and Photography in Progress: All events will be recorded, both audio and visual as well as photographed. Assume all chats, questions, meet-up room conversations and other engagement exchanges are public.
The contents of this Symposium are made possible by grants received from various federal and state agencies. The information presented does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or recommendations from any federal, state, or local agencies or the Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative.
Attending virtually or in person? Either way, register in Whova!
If you attended #TxSP22 last year, your profile should still be active; use the same email address. As a reminder, many participants used their Gmail, Yahoo, or similar accounts rather than their work email addresses. Try both if you attended last year.
If you did not attend #TxSP22, please be sure to register and complete your profile in Whova to support you in having a rewarding experience. Please register using your work email if possible. We will be in contact regularly with updates and new opportunities, so don’t miss out!
Either way, virtually or in person, there will be plenty of engagement opportunities, including ample ways to network and engage with your colleagues from across our state. Stay tuned for more information!
New Braunfels Civic and Convention Center
375 S. Castell, New Braunfels 78130
Located 25 miles north of San Antonio and 40 miles south of Austin.
Planning for the Symposium – What to Expect
For IN-PERSON (in New Braunfels) attendees
Thanks to the generosity of our community partners, #TxSP23 will provide the following meal and refreshment services:
- Daily Morning Coffee and Water Station – The Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative will be providing coffee in the morning and water throughout the Symposium. Water stations will be set up in two locations.
- June 13 – Lunch will be provided for those who are registered to attend both the morning AND afternoon sessions. Lunch will be a one-choice option. Thanks to our sponsor, the McKenna Foundation!
- June 14 – Lunch will be provided thanks to Cedar Crest Hospital and Recovery Unplugged! Lunch will be a one-choice option.
- June 15 – Lunch will be provided thanks to LivingWorks, MAP, and Texas Veterans Network powered by Combined Arms.
The Civic and Convention Center is centrally located within walking distance of downtown New Braunfels if you would prefer something else. Also, check out the Community Board for more restaurant recommendations from locals! If you are familiar with the area, add your favorites to help our out-of-town visitors find the hidden gems of New Braunfels, Gruene, and San Marcos!
CEUs, Nurse Contact Hours, & Certificates of Attendance
The Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium 2023 will be offering select CEUs. These categories include all authorized professions by the National Association of Social Work. CEUs will be provided free of charge thanks to Cedar Crest Hospital.
All CEUs are contingent upon attendance confirmation. If you are attending in person, you must check yourself in and out of each session with the QR codes that will be made available at each table. If you are attending virtually, you must view the session on the Whova platform to document attendance.
Also, completion of an evaluation survey in Whova is mandatory. CEUs will not be issued unless your survey is received. No exceptions will be made.
Nurse Contact Hours will also be available. If you indicated you need Nurse Contact Hours, you will be contacted directly by the provider, Terri Goodman and Associates.
Parking and Directions
If you are lodging in the area, consider Ubering to the Conference Center. If you are driving without lodging accommodations, please consider carpooling with a colleague! Reach out in the Whova app to make those connections!
Directions to the New Braunfels Civic and Convention Center at 375 S. Castell, New Braunfels
Directions to the Elks Lodge at 353 S. Seguin, New Braunfels
The New Braunfels Civic and Conference Center is located in the downtown area. There are several accommodation options located within 2-12 miles of the Conference Center, north and south of New Braunfels.
The Conference Center is located approximately equal distance from San Marcos and San Antonio.
Hotels currently holding courtesy blocks at discounted rates are the following:
- Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, 750 IH 35 North, New Braunfels, 830-626-4700 | BOOKING LINK
- Sleep Inn & Suites: New Braunfels, 1477 North IH 35, New Braunfels, 830-214-7938 | BOOKING LINK
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites: San Marcos South, 900 Barnes Drive, San Marcos, 512-392-6355 | BOOKING LINK
- Holiday Inn: San Marcos-Convention CTR Area, 105 Bintu Drive, San Marcos, 512-805-1000 | BOOKING LINK
Get the most out of the app and have a more productive experience!
NAVIGATE the event agenda and logistics, even without Wi-Fi or data. Access useful information like ridesharing and local attractions through the Community Board.
NETWORK effectively. Plan whom to meet by exploring attendee profiles and sending out messages.
PARTICIPATE in event activities through session likes, comments, ratings, live polling, tweeting, and more.