Download the ASK: Ask About Suicide App and the Hope Box App for both iPhone and Android devices.
Ask About Suicide to Save a Life
This app was developed from a non-proprietary suicide prevention training program called ASK (ASK about suicide / Seek more information / Know where to refer) which was also developed by the Texas Suicide Prevention Council. The suicide prevention app is supported by the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
We urge you to take a moment and download this app, because when you or your friends are in crisis, a shortcut to the right help can make a huge difference in its outcome.
Learn easy steps to help prevent suicide in your community right now. Click the link above to open iTunes and download, or search “suicide prevention” in the App Store on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
You really can help save a life!
Download it now!
Hope Box App
Texas Suicide Prevention Council’s Hope Box contains messages, contact information, pictures, and scrapbook to store personalized information that promotes mental wellness and can aid persons in a mental health crisis. By providing a mobile environment, users can have immediate access to their safety resources. Features include:
- Camera to take, store, label and share pictures of persons, places and things important to the user
- Scrapbook to make, store and send text based messages
- Customized option settings to choose the color of the Hope Box
- Address book that includes suicide prevention hotline information
- Messages tailored to individual input about their emotional state at each use.
- Password protected to ensure privacy.
Download it now!
Suicide Safer Home App
The Suicide Safer Home app offers practical tips for concerned parents and adult family caregivers for keeping families suicide safer.